Level One (Class G1)
(The Official Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Driver’s Handbook)
Level One lasts 12 months. The Ministry of Transportation encourages all new drivers to take an approved driver-education course to help learn the proper driving skills and knowledge. You should begin your training as soon as you become a Level One driver so you can get as much driving experience as possible. If you pass an approved course, you can complete Level One in eight months.
While at Level One, the following rules apply:
- You must not drive if you have been drinking alcohol. Your blood-alcohol level must be zero.
- You must not drive alone; an accompanying driver must sit in the front passenger seat. This is the only person who can be in the front seat with you while you drive. The accompanying driver must have a valid Class G (or higher) licence, at least four years of driving experience and a blood-alcohol level of less than .05 per cent when accompanying you. Time spent at the Class G2 level, as long as the G2 licence was valid (not suspended), does count toward the accompanying driver’s four years of experience. The accompanying driver’s licence may have demerit points, but it cannot be suspended.
- Each person in the vehicle must have a working seatbelt.
- You must not drive on 400-series highways with a posted speed limit over 80km/h. Also, you must not drive on certain high-speed roads including the Queen Elizabeth Way, Don Valley Parkway and the Gardiner Expressway in the Greater Toronto Area, the E.C. Row Expressway in Windsor and the Conestoga Parkway in Kitchener-Waterloo. However, if your accompanying driver is a driving instructor, you may drive on any road.
- You must not drive between midnight and 5 a.m.
You must pass a road test of your driving skills to move to Level Two. At this time, you will be given a Class G2 licence.
Adam Driving School is Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Approved Beginner Driver Education Course Provider.
Certified, licensed and experienced In-Class/Car Driving Instructor
Adam Driving School is located in Danforth, Toronto
We Are Very Patient With Our Students, Including New and Nervous Drivers
All Ages, High School and Mature Students for new drivers and refreshers, and for those New to Canada as well as Elder Driver Refresher courses.
Why Pay more, If we can beat the price with the best service at Adam Driving School
4 days courses always going on at Adam Driving School
Complete full course in a week
Group Discounts are available (for 3 or more)
Instalment payment plan for your convenience
Mini packages available